Authorization or referral may be required to access some providers.
If you would like a Provider Directory mailed to you, call 619-528-4600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To notify us of any information that appears to be inaccurate, please email email@example.com or call 619-528-4600.
Your insurance plan may cover language interpreter services. Contact your insurance plan for more details.
For a list of providers specialties/areas of practice, click here.
Want to download the provider directory?
Member, Board of Directors, Psychiatric Centers at San Diego
Former Medical Director, Psychiatric Centers at San Diego
Voted as one of San Diego’s Top Doctors for more than eleven years, including 2014-2015 by the San Diego County Medical Society and San Diego Magazine
Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, School of Medicine University of California San Diego
Distinguished Life Fellow, American Psychiatric Association
With PCSD Since: August 1984
Academic Appointments: Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego; Past Appointments: Instructor and Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, University of Michigan; Adjunct Professor, Family Practice Sharp Residency Training Program; Adjunct Professor, School of Education, University of San Diego
Honors/Awards: Distinguished Life Fellow, American Psychiatric Association, Teaching Excellence Award-Department of Psychiatry, University of California – San Diego (2001); Education Award – San Diego Psychiatric Society, 2006; Listed in “Top Doctors in San Diego” (San Diego Magazine – 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015) as selected by survey of own peers; Listed in “Best Doctors in America” 2003-2004, 2007-2008, 2009-2010, 2010 – 2012, 2015-2016”; President San Diego Psychiatric Society (2004-2005); and Medal “Augusto Orrego Luco”-Chilean Society of Neurology, Psychiatry, and Neurosurgery (Sonepsyn) - 2015
Publications: Co-author of the book, The Therapist’s Guide to Psychopharmacology” (Guilford Press, 2006; Revised Edition 2010), plus over 30 scientific papers and book chapters in the areas of mood disorders, psychneuroendocrinology, psychopharmacology, and other psychiatric topics.
Presentations: Over 500 presentations and lectures, both within the USA and internationally, at clinical meetings, and to fellow psychiatrists, non-psychiatric physicians, allied mental health professionals, and the public at large.
Specialty: Adult and geriatric psychiatry, psychopharmacology, depression, bipolar, panic, anxiety, social phobia, obsessive-compulsive, Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, clinical drug trials.
- Blue Cross
- Arch Health Partners
- Blue Shield PPO
- Community Health Group
- The Holman Group
- Intergrated Behavioral Group
- Humana Behavioral Health Network - LifeSynch
- Mercy Physicians Medical Group
- New Directions
- Humana Sr (PCAMG)
- Health Net PPO
- MHN fee for service (Managed Health Network)
- Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Medicare Advantage (Sharp Community)
- Sharp Medicare Advantage (Rees-Stealy)
- Sharp Medicare Advantage (Graybill)
- Blue Cross Sr (Encompass)
- Secure Horizons (Arch Health Partners)
- Secure Horizons (Sharp Community)
- Secure Horizons (Sharp Rees-Stealy)
- Secure Horizons (PCAMG)
- Secure Horizons (Graybill)
- Secure Horizons (Encompass)
- BlueShield of CA Promise Health Medi/Medi (Sharp Community) (formerly Care 1st)
- BlueShield of CA Promise Health Medi/Medi (PCAMG) (formerly Care 1st)
- BlueShield of CA Promise Health Medi/Medi (Graybill) (formerly Care 1st)
- BlueShield of CA Promise Health Medicare (PCAMG) (formerly Care 1st)
- BHA (MHN)
- UBH Optum Formerly Pacificare (PCAMG)
- SCAN (PCAMG)
- Sharp Medicare Advantage (Arch Health Partners)
- Greater Tri-City IPA (Fee for Service)
- Alignment Insurance (PCAMG)